On Passion

I gave myself a treat the past couple days and read Dear John by one of my favorite writers, Nicholas Sparks. The movie is coming out on DVD this week and I am planning on watching it this weekend. I wanted to read the book first. Somehow, it just isn't the same to see the movie first. I like to imagine the story first.

Anyway, it was a great story about a woman and a soldier who meet when he is on leave and then try to keep their relationship going. Really, Nicholas Sparks never disappoints me. I wish I were that talented a writer. I especially liked this passage:

"He sounds interesting. I've always loved people who have this . . . passion for life."

"It's a passion for coins, not life," I corrected her.

"It's the same thing. Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed . . . the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service