Because there is a blank page . . .

I'm engaging in some leisure reading right now and enjoying The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans.

In his Prologue, he writes of his inspiration for the story. I like this line: "I lifted my pencil to the page, not because I had words, but because a blank page beckoned."

So much of being a writer is writing even when the inspiration seems far away. It comes. It always comes, but you have to put yourself in a place to receive it. You need to be willing to do the work, to open the notebook (or the laptop) and start writing.

Comments

  1. Well said. I just started as a writer, and I'm learning that, no matter how afraid I might be that I'll never be able to write again, all I have to do is pay attention to the world around me and to my thoughts. And grab a pen (I'm old-fashioned).
    Antonella Garofalo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service