Can Writers be Replaced by Robots?

My answer to that question would have always been "No," but apparently I would have been wrong. Artificial intelligence has come a long way, and computers can now do some creative tasks - creating music, interpreting behavior, and deciding the value of written words.

This article in the Wall Street Journal - Automatons Get Creative - features some pretty scary information to think about. Creativity is one of the basic attributes and unique qualities of being human. And, yes, computers can only do what they are programmed to do. But, still, I can't help but wonder what kind of world our technology is creating and where humans will fit in the large picture.  We live in an age in which science fiction has become reality, and I for one, am a bit terrified by the prospect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Draft of The Lacemaker is Done!

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

The 50th Anniversary of the Canonization of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton