The First Draft is Done

I finished the first draft of my latest novel on Monday night. In the end, it filled the entire five-subject notebook I was writing in. I finished the last chapter I wrote on the manila colored dividers just so I wouldn't have to start a new notebook. I had bought one, but I'll save that for the next novel.

I decided I did like writing longhand. It enabled me to write anywhere and I didn't have to worry about carrying around my laptop or finding an electric socket. I could just grab my notebook and go.

What's next for this work in progress? A second draft. I figure I'll do that while typing it out. It will be interesting to see how many words I actually wrote, because I haven't any idea. The story still needs a great deal of work, but that is what this next step is for. I think I'll take a break until after Christmas. I have a lot of holiday related stuff to get done between now and then. But the start of 2013 should find me hard at work. It will give me something to look forward to during the bleak January days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service