What About All Those Indie Bookstores?

I'll be honest - I love my local Barnes and Noble. The first time I went to one, I was amazed. So many books all in one place and they didn't mind if you sat down and read one while you were there. It was (and still is) a little slice of heaven.

But, there is something to be said for all those independent bookstores as well, and I hate to see them dying out. A few years back, I read Shelf Life: Romance, Mystery, Drama, and Other Page-Turning Adventures from a Year in a Book store by Suzanne Strempek Shea about her year working at the now-defunct Edwards Books in Springfield, MA. It was very interesting! I think every writer or book lover has dreamed of working at a bookstore. This offered a taste of what it might be like.

In any event, I was thinking it might be interesting for someone (not me - no time) to go to a whole bunch of independent bookstores, photograph them and tell the stories behind them. I think it would make a great book! So, there it is - a free book idea for the taking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service