Excitedly waiting the proof of my book!


Hi! Welcome to my blog. Thank you for stopping by! As I write this, the proof of my debut novel, "Through the Open Window" should be arriving in the mail any day now. I am both scared and excited to see it! Excited because seeing one's book in print is very cool. This is a whole new experience for me. I wrote this novel during National Novel Writing Month last year (it actually took me three months!) and that was an incredible adventure. I hadn't written fiction in a long time. It felt so good to get back into it. The story is about a character who is taking that plunge herself. The official description is as follows:

Lucy Lyons is a woman trying to escape her past. Content to work as a librarian and live alone with her dog, all she wants is a simple life with no complications. When she decides to take the plunge and begins to write a novel during National Novel Writing Month, she gets much more than she bargained for. Her writing will not only force her to face her own secrets, but will also put her in the path of a handsome artist who shares her love of the written word. “Through the Open Window” is an engaging novel about the secrets we all keep and the hope for second chances.

It is scary because this is the first time I have ever shared my fiction with the general public. The couple of friends that I shared it with enjoyed it (in fact, they stayed up all night reading it!). I consider that a good sign. I hope that this book will bring some joy to those who choose to read it. That is my fondest wish.

Come back soon for more information on the book! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service