What is National Novel Writing Month?

In "Through the Open Window." Lucy Lyons' life takes an interesting turn when she decides to take part in National Novel Writing Month. What is "National Novel Writing Month" anyway? Taking place in November, the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. It is writing, boot camp style. You simply immerse yourself in it. I did it last year. In fact that is how this novel came to be written at all. I actually didn't finish all in one month - it took me until January to finish, but it was well worth it. I loved the intensity of it and the surprise of where the characters took me. The sense of accomplishment at the end of it was amazing.

I came into the last week of October last year wavering on whether to do it or not. It was something definitely on my "to-do" list. The idea of writing about someone doing National Novel Writing Month came to me October 30th.

If any of you are interested in taking the plunge, check out the National Novel Month Website at: hhttp://www.nanowrimo.org/ .

A great book to read for inspiration and encouragement is No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days by Chris Baty, the founder of National Novel Writing Month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service