All a matter of perspective

I was all excited today. After all, I started a twitter account and am learning how to navigate that. And, I've been writing at a good clip. In the past 5 days, I've written over 8000 words. No complaints there. The Holy Spirit has been being kind to me in the inspiration department, even if my male character is being seriously tempted right now. In any case, I was thrilled that I only(!) have 26,000 more to get to my goal. A hefty number, I know, but doable.  However, my younger son happened to overhear me talking about my novel. He asked how many words I was trying to get to. I told him - 80,000. "And where are you now?" he asked. 54,000 I told him. "Mom," he said, "you are only 14,000 words past the middle." Darn. That deflated my balloon really quickly. He's right, of course, but I liked my way of thinking about it much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service