Back to Writing - The push for 80,000 words

 I received an auto-respond message from the publisher I sent my query to saying that they would respond in a month. In the meantime, I am going to work on expanding it. The goal is to hit 80,000 words - the accepted industry standard for a novel. Building on what I had, that gives me about 34,000 words to write. I am also sure that I will need to change some of what I have already written to accommodate the new storyline. I don't know how long this will take me. Life is about to get busy again (well, busier). But, I will write what I can when I can and see how it goes. I definitely want to be done by Christmas. I think that should be doable.

Today's count - 1,609   Total to date - 48, 077

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service