The Beauty of Fiction

I read Redemption, a book of Christian fiction by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley. A close friend of mine had given me 4 books in the series last summer and I'm finally getting around to them. What I have found though is that I tend to read the right book for my life at the right time. This book definitely fit for this week. Last summer it would have been pure torture.

In any event, what I like about fiction is that in the space of however many pages, problems get resolved. Especially in Christian or Catholic Fiction, God works in wondrous ways. Sure, it may take a while, but in a novel, years can go by in a few pages. It isn't like real life where the pain drags on, seemingly forever, and solutions seem nowhere to be found. We all need the escapism of fiction sometimes. That's why I like to read it and write it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service