Day 6

As I expected, I didn't get to write at all yesterday. Today, it was a struggle in the beginning but then the words started flowing a bit more easily. My characters have already started taking on a life of their own. It's strange. You start with a basic idea of a story and then the characters take over and take it where they want it to go. One would think, being the writer, that I would have more control over the process, but that doesn't really seem to be the case. They have lives of their own now. For example, it already seems like things are not going to turn out the way I might hope for my main character and her significant other. I would like them to have a happy ending. I am, unabashedly, in favor of happy endings. Yet, this work does not seemed destined for one. Who knows? I will have to wait and see where the road takes them.

Today's count - 733. Total to date: 3361

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service