Loyola Press Writing Retreat Day #4: Writing to Dream - If Earth Were More Like Heaven

Today's task on the Loyola Press Writing Retreat was Writing to Dream

The assignment I took on was to imagine an Earth more like heaven. It came with fill in the blank prompts.

When Earth becomes like heaven, people will value people more than things.

When Earth becomes like heaven, I will stop struggling with envy and insecurity and instead rejoice in other people's accomplishments and be content with my own small successes.

When Earth becomes like heaven, my neighborhood streets will be peaceful. Nobody will live in fear. Everyone will have food, clothing, meaningful employment, and a place to live.

When Earth becomes like heaven, there will be no conflict.

When Earth becomes like heaven, decisions in community will be made . . .  I gave this a lot of thought but I truly have no idea. If I had the answer to this, I'm pretty sure I could win the Nobel Peace Prize!

When Earth becomes like heaven, we'll have much more peace and much less pain, hunger, and suffering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service