Crossed the 9000 word mark

I am up to 9082 words on my writing adventure. One thing I've noticed moving at this more slow pace is that I'm much more prone to editing. Rather than just feverishly moving the story forward, I'm finding myself more determined to get it "right."

Spending days working on the same chapter gives me much more time to think about them and want to make changes. Tonight, for example, my 400 words of writing were all additions to previous scenes. I'm also much more likely to change how I phrased something. It's a different way of working, but that is OK - this is a different sort of story for me. I've currently completed three chapters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service