How long will this take?

All around me (at least in the virtual world), people are cranking out words for National Novel Writing Month. Many of them will accomplish their goal of writing a novel in the month, or at the very least write way more than they would have otherwise. I have been there and done that and loved the process. With my current goal of writing 10 minutes a day, I'm definitely taking a different approach with my latest work.

Nevertheless, I am writing and that is what matters. I'm currently just under 2000 words. I figure if I average 1000 words a week, it will take me 80 weeks to reach my word count goal - a little more than a year and a half. I'm sure there will be times when my work load might be less and I might be able to write more, but we shall see. Still, I'm looking at finishing this project some time in 2012! Even though I know it will go by quickly, that seems a long way off.

In other news, I finished reading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks today. It was one of the few books by him that I hadn't read. I heard recently that they are making it into a movie so I wanted to read it. It was a good story. It had some dark undertones, but was at heart a romance, which is what he does best. It was some pleasant escapism. I need that every once in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service