Monday, November 22, 2010

A "Good" Rejection

Not that there is really any such thing, but I did receive what in the writing world is considered a "good" rejection today. The editor who was considering my novella said that it just wasn't quite ready yet, although it was an interesting concept. She feels I should have someone critique it, rework it, and then resubmit. She even took the time to send me a marked-up first chapter. I do greatly appreciate her time and feedback, and she even got back to me within the promised three-month time frame. So, overall, I was pretty lucky!

I'm not sure where to go from here, but I don't need to decide today.

I really wasn't expecting an acceptance, so I'm not very disappointed. I've been praying to write what I should when I should and have things published when and if they should be, so this must have been what was supposed to happen. It isn't the end of the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment