Plot Problems

I've said before that I really don't have a story mapped out before I write it. I may have a general idea of where I want the story to go, but that's about it. The rest fills itself in as I write. As a result, I end up with some plot problems - inconsistencies I realize I have to go back and fix in order for the story to make sense. While I generally try to avoid editing when I am working on the first draft, I do go back and fix some of these. Tonight, I spent some time making the story make sense. I also wrote another scene. It is coming along.

Really, my concern at this point is that it won't take the 50,000 words to tell the story; that it will come up short. But, I figure I will just keep writing and see what happens.

Today's count - 1038  Total to date - 19,553

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service