Sometimes even great writers get it wrong

I used my sick time this weekend to read Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans. I have been a fan of his for years and was very eager to read his latest Christmas offering. It did provide a great deal of enjoyment, until its "surprise" twist which just went horribly wrong. This book had a definite "ick" factor.

I'm still a big fan. Everyone can have an off day, or an off book, especially when someone has put out as much quality work as Evans.


One quote I cherished in this book was about sunflowers, which I love.

"Sunflowers look to the sun. . . They mean hope."

I never thought of them that way. Now I will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service