The Sound of Paper

I started reading The Sound of Paper: Inspiration and Practical Guidance for Starting the Creative Process by Julia Cameron today. I had read her book  The Artist's Way a long time ago and found her practical and spiritual take on the creative process inspiring. 



"The Sound of Paper" is also offering many inspiring tidbits. 



"It is the making of art when we feel that we have no art in us that makes an artistic career. It is the pages logged when the well feels dry, the painting painted when the palette is parched, the monologue learned 'for no damn reason' that keeps the gears turning. Ditto for the fine-arts photographer who loads a camera and takes to the streets even though the 'real' work is in the carefully lit studio, as calculated as a NASA shot.


Goethe told us 'Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action (boldness) has magic, grace and power in it."

Which reminds me that I really need to start writing again, even if it is crap. I have about 20 minutes left tonight. I think I'll see what I can do. I'm scared, but I need to get back to it. 
 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lacemaker: A Novel of St. Zelie Martin is now available!

First Draft of New Novel Done!

Amazon KDP's New Hardcover Publishing Service